Saturday, March 24, 2012

Not great news

Well I haven't had an outstanding week since last update.

I was feeling nice and thin, getting lots of comments from people (which I'll mention more in a minute) so I weighed in early on Tuesday morning - 84.9kgs. Then official weigh in day, Wednesday - 85.4kgs. I highly doubt I gained half a kilo in a day. So I pushed it to Thursday to get my official weigh in for this week - 85.1kgs.

I have to stick with that one, so this week's official weigh in is 85.1kgs. That means I haven't lost any weight this week.

If my clothes were fitting looser, I would at least take solice in the idea that maybe I'm gaining weight and losing fat, and ultimately getting smaller. But that's not the case. I'm having to undo my work pants when I'm heading home at the end of the day.

Two factors that may help me get to the bottom of this mystery - I'm not keeping up with drinking two 1.5L of water during the day. I've moved offices which is further away from the filtered water tap and I'm really just being lazy not walking the extra distance to refill my bottle throughout the day. I have no good excuse for that. I am more than capable of walking further.

The other thing that might be playing a factor is I noticed twice this week after I ate a serving of chicken and prawn curry, I'm feeling bloated and have some pelvic pressure (a bit like 'TOM'). I don't know if that might be an issue. It might also be the Labrada drinks I have, but I hope not. I don't have them on the weekends or on my days off, which I've had a few of lately. No idea, but I hope not. I couldn't do a substantial breakfast without them ;)

I was at the gym on Thursday and my trainer noticed my weight loss, commented on it. She was very excited and asked if she could do my measurements on Friday. She knows I'm not huge on them, but she really wanted to get a good idea of how far I'd come. And she gets really happy when her clients are improved progress. I said that's fine, and we did them yesterday. Compared to the last time we did them - Dec 2010 - I have lost about 12kgs and 25cms. So that's good. The weight came in at 87kgs though, and my scales are in the 85kgs region. I understand the higher was taken at the end of the day whereas I take mine first thing in the morning. It's just not something that will improve the mood.

So I went out to dinner with friends last night, my options were several types of pastas, gnochi, parmas or crumbed stuff. I went with the best option I could find - piece of fish on a "cornflour zucchini fritter". I ate the lot, it was good. I was on a sugar high all night though lol.

Oh I forgot to mention I went out drinking on Saturday night - whiskey with pepsi max. Had too much, paid for it on Sunday. Didn't give in to munchies or anything. I was thinking on Sunday about food - you know, I am proud to say that I wasn't interested in any high carb foods. I seriously seriously want to lose this weight.

So that was last week. This week I'm losing a bit of determination. Instead of focusing on the 5.1kgs to the next minigoal, I've been thinking "gee, I have another 20kgs to go!".... I'm feeling overwhelmed by it all.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment