Thursday, September 8, 2011

Weird brain

What I am trying to do at the moment, is keep reminding myself that I am doing this to lose weight. I'm sure that sounds like the dumbest thing ever. I'm following a diet and weighing myself to monitor progress, of course I KNOW I'm trying to lose weight, right? Wrong. I have the weirdest brain sometimes.

I remember the last time I dieted I was always surprised when I saw the scale go down. And surprise become negative and therefore I would stop it.

Weird.

I think it's because instead of focusing on the benefits I would get out of losing weight, I was focusing on the changes to my food and my lifestyle. While these are important, I have now learnt they come with the downside of overlooking the external physical changes.

I haven't lost any weight yet (not that I know of anyway, next weigh in day is Tuesday) but trying to make sure I get my head around the fact that these changes should be reflected in the way my body appears is my task at the moment.

I am sharing this with you in case your brain is just as weird as mine, and you need to get your head around this aspect of dieting as well. ;)

Today I ate:
Protein drink
Chicken & Prawn curry
Chicken kebab

No comments:

Post a Comment